Wednesday, May 12, 2010

VOTE BUYING - WORST THING

I was very convinced that this automated election would be fair - no more cheating, etc. But still some people used their intelligence and money in order to get what they really wanted. They were very wise. I really wonder why other people are willing to sell their rights to others. Everyone has the right to choose and right to vote but all of these rights would only cost Php200.00 or Php300.00, even just Php50.00 would be enough. I knew that it wasn't the first time this had happened. It (has) happened many times before. But until people realize that it is their rights, even a million pesos couldn't buy it. I attend a Sunday service one time. It wasn't the Pastor's intention to talk about politics. Candidates were very busy campaigning at that time and they promised to make changes. The Pastor said that it wasn't possible, unless God made a miracle in the heart of every man. That was really true.

I have read some Facebook statuses that said: "to those who sell their votes, SHAME ON YOU...". I was shocked by that statement but they had a point. I know this came from previous generations and I'm sure that this will be passed to the next generations. :(  

No comments:

Thoughts about Covid-19

It has been a decade already since my last post and I miss posting some thoughts so much. A lot of things had happened since 2011 until I gr...